Digital signage is a cost-effective, sustainable, and effective way to spread the word about your organization or event. Screens are located in the Compton Union Building, Chinook Student Center, Student Recreation Center, Dining Centers, and Lighty Student Services.
Digital signage should be error-free and uploaded one week prior to desired start date. All digital signs are subject to the following prices, policies, and design specifications listed below.
RSO’s, Student Affairs, and CUB Residents & Vendors play for free on single screens in the CUB, Chinook Student Center, Student Recreation Center, Downunder Recreation Center, Elson S. Floyd Cultural Center, Lighty Student Affairs Suite, and Dining Centers.
|Organization||CUB Single Screen||Lighty FourPlex|
|WSU Departments||$50 (2 weeks)||$135 (2 weeks)|
|Outside Vendors||$100 (2 weeks)||$300 (2 weeks)|
- Ads must be received one week prior to your desired start date. Ads not received by the deadline may not be published.
- Ads will run beginning the date requested for two weeks or until the date after the event. Week = 7 days. (Note: Lighty Student Services screens run when the building is open Monday-Friday).
- Departments will be automatically billed after services are rendered.
- Video capability is available. Please email submissions to Sarah Page, Digital Media Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Design specifications must be met and videos will not be scheduled unless they are exact.
- Ads will not be archived; groups will be responsible for resubmitting ads for reposting.
- RSOs, Student Affairs Departments, and CUB Residents & Vendors may submit a total of 20 free ads per each semester.
- Ads may be rejected if the content is in direct competition with CUB and university vendors or services or if the content is deemed inappropriate (i.e. ads depicting or promoting alcohol consumption, pornographic material, drug use, or weapons).
Design Specifications and Standards
- Ads that do not meet design standards or specifications will not be published.
- Templates using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and PowerPoint are available upon request. Please use the contact information below.
- Student Affairs Marketing reserves the right to edit or reject submissions for clarity, content, copyright infringement, and aesthetics. Those submitting ads which include copyrighted materials (likenesses, footage, images, etc.) must confirm they have the approval to use said material.
- All ads must be sized and formatted to 1920 x 1080 pixels. Excessive white space along the sides is not permitted.
- Maximum resolution of 96 dpi.
- Maximum size of 500 kb.
- Images must be saved as a .jpeg and will be played for 8 seconds per rotation.
- Videos must be formatted to 1920 x 1080 px, 30 frames per second (fps), H.264 codec, saved as MP4, and cannot have sound.
- Videos must be no more than 30 seconds. We recommend less than 20 seconds.
- University departments should refer to brand.wsu.edu and follow required university identity and style guide standards.
- Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) have permission to use WSU spirit marks, but not the university logo. More information is available at brand.wsu.edu
- When designing promotional materials for the digital signage system, please keep clarity and aesthetics in mind by using easy-to-read fonts and clear photos. Make sure to include all pertinent information such as date, time and location of an event, and your departmental logo/name. Less content is better for digital signage, as viewers are typically on the move and there are many ads in rotation at any given time.