Student Affairs Marketing and Communications is responsible for approving and posting banners on the outdoor pedestrian overpass near Lighty Student Services. Please pay special attention to the return policies below.
According to the Washington Administrative Code 504-34-140, banners that are hung must meet the following standards:
- Made of heavy vinyl with wind vents or mesh
- Within the height of the bridge to ensure secure tying, no higher than 37 inches
- Grommets along the top, bottom, and sides of the banner
Additionally, all banners must adhere to the Washington Administrative Code 504-24-140and the Washington State University Business Policies and Procedures Manual for posting in university spaces.
- Banners must promote university events, events sponsored by student government, or events sponsored by a Registered Student Organization.
- Only one banner will be accepted per event.
- Banners will be placed for a maximum of two weeks.
- Banners are put up on a first come, first served basis.
- Banner location can be requested but is not guaranteed.
- Banners should be provided at least a week prior to desired posting date.
- When a banner expires, Student Affairs Marketing and Communications staff will email the designated contact to pick up the banner.
- Banners will only be held for two weeks after expiration. Banners not collected after two weeks are disposed of.
- Banners can be picked up from CUB L44 Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Student Affairs Marketing and Communications reserves the right to reject inappropriate or offensive material. Student Affairs Marketing and Communications is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged materials. We will make every possible effort to return your materials in the condition we received them.