Skip to main content

Division of Student Affairs

Renew now! The current policy to allow for DACA renewals could change soon. The Trump Administration may ask a court to stop the order or announce a new change in policy.

For individuals who (1) currently have DACA, or (2) whose DACA expired after September 5, 2017, you must:

  1. Fill out a renewal application, form I-821D, in black ink, or typed:;
  2. Fill out forms I-765 and I-765WS, in black ink, or typed (which can also be found at;
  3. Get your passport-style photos taken. The application requires two passport-style photos, attached to the application. You can get these photos taken at Rite-Aid, Walmart, and other stores with photo services;
  4. Make a copy of each side of your Employment Authorization Document, even if it’s expired. You will need to submit this with your application;
  5. Get a check or money order for the filing fee of $495, and the check or money order must be made out to the “U.S. Department of Homeland Security” – CONTACT to request money for the filing fee.
  6. If you have any new criminal records since your last DACA application or renewal, including traffic tickets, call the University of Idaho Immigration Clinic: Kate Evans (612-850-5340) or Courtney LaFranchi (541-214-9273);
  7. Once your application, documentation, and passport photos are put together and ready to go, make a copy of the entire filing for your records;
  8. If you want, you can come to drop in hours to have an attorney or supervised immigration law student review your application prior to filing:
    1. WSU Drop-in Hours:
      Tuesday 1 – 3 p.m. Daggy 106 and 107
      Wednesday 2 – 4 p.m. Daggy 106 and 107
    2. UI Drop-In Clinic begins 1/22/18 from 4 – 6 p.m.– please call Kate Evans (612-850-5340) or Courtney LaFranchi (541-214-9273) to set up a review appointment before 1/22 if you like.
  9. Mail the filing to:
    1. Dallas Lockbox if you are in Idaho:
      O. Box 660045
      Dallas, TX 75266-0045
    2. Chicago Lockbox if you are in Washington:
      O. Box 5757
      Chicago, IL 60680-5757
    3. If you reside in a third state, please call the Immigration Clinic or check the filing address here:;
  10. For more detailed information and FAQs on DACA renewals, please see
    For a printable checklist of required documents, please see


If your DACA expired before September 5, 2017, you may apply for DACA status again but will have to submit an initial application. This means that you will have to adhere to all the same requirements that were in place in your initial application, including:

  • Required forms:
    • I-821D (typed or in black ink)
    • I-765 Application for Work Authorization
    • I-765WS
    • 2 Passport style photos
    • $465 check or money order made out to Department of Homeland Security
  • Proof of identity
  • Proof that you came to the United States before your 16th birthday
  • If you once had immigration status, proof that that status has expired
  • Proof that you continuously resided in the U.S. since June 15, 2007 and that you were present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012
  • Proof of student status, high school diploma, GED certificate or military service
  • Criminal records (please call the Immigration Law Clinic if you have criminal records)

For more information on initial applications and examples of the types of evidence that are accepted, please see