Cougar Meal Swipe Program
Eligibility: Who can use the Cougar Meal Swipe Program?
This program is open to currently enrolled WSU Pullman students who
- Do not have ready access to money with which to buy food.
- Have a combined balance of $10.00 or less in Cougar CASH and Resident Meal Plan Dining Dollars. Check your balances using the GET App on your mobile device.
- Have previously received Cougs Feeding Cougs funds, but must have less than $3 left to spend in those funds and a combined balance of $10.00 or less in Cougar CASH and Resident Meal Plan Dining Dollars.
- Have not already requested Cougs Feeding Cougs funds today.
WSU athletes on scholarship are encouraged to consult the WSU Athletic Compliance Office to be certain that use of the Cougs Feeding Cougs program will not affect athletic eligibility.
If you meet eligibility above, you can request assistance. You will receive an email notification at your WSU email address indicating when funds are available for use.
Students experiencing a continual financial hardship are encouraged to contact their local Student Financial Services office to discuss possible options. Learn more about Student Financial Services.
How do eligible program users stay anonymous?
An important aspect of Cougs Feeding Cougs is to ensure students feel safe to request assistance. The system does use your network ID to confirm you meet the eligibility requirements and to deposit funds into a Cougs Feeding Cougs account for you. Beyond that, no one else is aware you have those funds, so to a cashier, it will appear as though you have a regular Resident Meal Plan or Cougar CASH account.
I didn’t use all of the money I received, what do I do?
Any funds that are remaining after the five days will be returned to the general fund to be used to assist another student in need.
I have requested funds but do not see any money in my account.
The deposit of funds should happen within a few minutes of your request. If you've allowed for this time and you still do not have a deposit, please contact the CougarCard Center at 509-335-2273.
Where can I spend my funds?
Cougs Feeding Cougs dollars can be used at any WSU Dining Services locations including:
- Dining Centers - Hillside Café, Northside Café, and Southside Café, these locations provide the best value with 40% discount with Cougs Feeding Cougs funds
- Espresso Bars
- Carlita's Mexican Grille
- Einstein Bros. Bagels
- Freshens Fresh Food Studio - Chinook
- Freshens Yogurt & Smoothies - CUB
- See Dining Services hours of operations.
To receive assistance with requesting or using funds, please contact the CougarCard Center in the Compton Union Building, Ground Floor, Room 60 during business hours Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. The CougarCard Center can also be reached at 509-335-2273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Dubick, J., Mathews, B., & Cady, C., “Hunger on Campus: The Challenge of Food Insecurity for College Students,” October 2016, http://studentsagainsthunger.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Hunger_On_Campus.pdf