2017-2018 WSU Division of Student Affairs Recognition
The Division recognized the efforts of three outstanding departments during our May 9, 2018 all-division gathering.
Student Driven Award
The staff of Housing & Dining Maintenance was recognized for their ongoing commitment to the student experience. The department’s investment in campus planning and management helps make Cougs feel valued and contributes in a positive way to every aspect of their lives.
Seamless Learning Award
University Recreation was honored for their campaign around inclusion and equity. UREC works to weave these narratives into every aspect of their programming and facilities to build a strong community. Additionally, UREC helps students recognize that inclusion is the key to feeling welcome in all university spaces.
Academic & Student Affairs Collaboration Award
The Division acknowledged the efforts of The Gender Identity/Expression Sexual Orientation Resource Center, or GIESORC, for creating programming that builds consistency between student life and the classroom. The department works closely with Academic Affairs to build fruitful relationships that have resulted in a more educated community around LGBTQ+ issues. GIESORC is also responsible for contributing to academic research which helps foster a better understanding of the LGBTQ+ experience within higher education.
A number of Division staff also received an acknowledgment of institutional and national-level awards during 2017-2018.
- Andrew Beck, Washington State New Professional Award, NWACUHO
- Berto Cerrillo, Shelley K. Bannish Award for Outstanding Staff Advisor, National Association for Campus Activities West
- Mary Jo Gonzales, Pillar of the Profession Award, NASPA – Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- Matthew Jeffries, Service to NASPA Award & Exemplary Program Award for the Undocuqueer Conference, NASPA Gender and Sexuality Knowledge Community
- Marcela Pattinson, Exemplary Program Award for the Undocuqueer Conference, NASPA Gender and Sexuality Knowledge Community
- Rudy Trejo, Outstanding Leadership Program of the Year Award for the Tier Three Leadership Program, NASPA – Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- Paula Adams, WSU President’s Employee Excellence Award
- Kate Gannon-Cullinan, WSU Administrative Professional Contribution Award
- Rochelle Dach, ASWSU Faculty Staff Appreciation
- Dominique Faga’autau, ASWSU Faculty Staff Appreciation
- Megan Harre, ASWSU Faculty Staff Appreciation
- Housing Custodial Services, WSU President’s Safety, Health, and Security Committee Award
- Nicholas Hudson, ASWSU Faculty Staff Appreciation
- Jacqui LaCroix, WSU President’s Safety, Health, and Security Committee Award
- Dan Maher, Pullman Walk of Fame - WSU President’s & Distinguished members of the WSU Community Pullman Chamber of Commerce
- Michelle McIlvoy, WSU Vancouver Women of Distinction Lifetime Achievement Award
- University Recreation Risk Management & Safety Committee, WSU President’s Safety, Health, and Security Committee Award