Branding is the way our audience perceives us. Not only is it a logo or a graphic element, it is the entirety of the experience the audience has with us. Everything from our websites, social media experiences, how we answer the phone and the customer service we provide shapes the perception we give to our students, faculty, staff, and community members.
Our branding exists to accomplish the following:
- Promote recognition of the work we do
- Set us apart from other universities
- Tell our audience about how we do business
- Provide motivation and direction to staff members
- Connect with our audience on an emotional level
- Create clarity and a connection to mission, vision, and values
Consistency in branding is important to achieve the objectives above. Marketing and communications projects developed by Student Affairs Marketing and Communications strive to be consistent with the standards of WSU.